Monday 7 February 2011

'And on the News' - Poetry Feature

This is a piece I wrote a couple years back, but I feel the subject matter is not only timeless, but shall remain with humanity for as long as humanity exists.

“The timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness; and knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.”
 Kahlil Gibran 

New News

By Nezyah Amas (formerly iL.LoJik)

You elude me with bank vaults of fairy tales, by hiding behind brave faces,

But the tints of my glasses were long ago replace by the blood stains, of the remains
Of a battle between, innocent clenched fist, and a legion of demons,

I inhale the potent blessy fumes of the toxic drums, of ant farm council blocks to Muslim war slums,

My core numbs as we approach the real cold wars, even global warming won’t thaw out humanity’s biblical inheritance, to be ungrateful & negligent,

Recycling campaigns can only do so much, I hope it’s your mind & hearts that I touch,

So you can realise, in the hood the struggle is deep, but it gets deeper as we circle the globe
Yet we remain blind like being exposed to lights strobe,

Serbia’s lost souls cry out for compassion as the polar ice caps drip & rip, from Eastern Europe, to south of what was once divine Nubia, and now there’s beef over mines,

No movie stars...


The real blood diamond shines in the left of the ribcage, and it shines from Asia, to South America... 


To this place.



Hope you enjoyed

Peace, iL.

No comments:

Post a Comment